Sunday 7 October 2012

I feel so bad for my boy, seriously. Read through his effective comms essay and it's just such a flop. Bad grammar, illogical arguments, no thesis even... All in all, FAINTS. He was so upset, he looked at me and told me how he's so gonna flunk this assignment.

This, is the problem with group work. And the best phrase to sum this up- too many cooks spoil a broth.

Tried to help. Did some editing but I guess his team members thought otherwise of it. I may not be an expert but at least being a comms student, that gives me an advantage over u. Tsk! So upset for him right now. I seriously hope that the bell curve (if any) will work in his favour somehow.

That's e thing abt project work. You have leechers, stubborn cows, all-talk-and-no-action-ers, bossy ppl... All sorts. You just have to choose them wisely if not you'll have to suffer the consequences. I met ppl like that but at least i'm able to convince them to do things my way, which, very much reduce the damages incurred. Sometimes, you just need to know your limits. If u aren't so good in a certain area, let others take charge. Don't force things and then everybody gets pulled into the cold water altogether.

Poor boy :(