Saturday 3 May 2014

post vacation- Ko Phi Phi; Phuket


HELLO!

It's incredible how I've survived one working week after an entire week of vacation (thanks godness for having a public holiday in the middle of nowhere). It had been almost a week since the vacation. Emotionally, it felt so long ago but physically, it is clearly evident that vacation merely ended. I'm more sun-kissed than I originally wanted to! This was despite applying and re-applying sunblock numerous times throughout the day, we were just short of down-ing the entire bottle into the tummy. We even left our aloe vera gel in the fridge just so that we can cool our heated bodies at the end of each day. During one of the nights, our gel actually iced up in the fridge. (Opps!)

When asked by J if this was my first beach holiday, I readily agreed. But on second thought, this is actually my THIRD holiday. First at batam; second at kelantan- albeit no real water activities were done. So technically, this is my very first real beach holiday. I remembered how I was so hesitant about going on a beach holiday initially but I'm so glad I went ahead against all my rationality. I really deserve an applaud for doing all the water activities and extreme sports that I would never had imagined myself doing, especially when I am a true hydrophobic. But I guess your travelling companion brings out an inner side of your self that you've never known existed. So proud of my friends who conquered flying fox and ladders despite being afraid of heights.

Seriously, the glistening waters, warm sand and natural sights are too unforgettable. I could easily sit by the beach and spend an entire afternoon there. Despite the recurring fear of the unstable longtail capsizing, I very much enjoy the boat rides now. And for once, I truly understood why the boy loves his diving trips so much. Man, I wish I could swim like a fish.

Travelogue updates soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment