Monday 30 March 2015

goodbyes.


"You know the strange feeling you get when you're about to leave a place- You'll not only miss the people there, you'll also miss the person you are at the time and place, because you'll never be the same again."

Seems like just yesterday when it was my first day at work. Saying my awkward hellos and then unexpectedly being arrowed to help out at an event AFTER working hours, which I willingly and unassumingly obliged. I walked into the room where they were preparing the different items for the event, feeling extremely out of place. The most memorable part was eventually working till 3am that day. That, was my first day of work, But then again, I guess it was all of these amazing moments that helped to built the unique camaraderie that I share with each and every one of the colleagues thereafter. Needless to say, I made 2 very good buddies after that first day at work.

The series of events that I got to helped out with every single Friday thereafter before my long holiday were also rather eye-opening experiences. Looking back, those were some tiring but fun times that I will definitely think about.

It amazes me still, how 6 months of friendship felt like a lifetime. There were compelling reasons to extend my stay, but life often brings about unexpected opportunities that you know you will regret if you don't take that chance. Life is  about taking risks, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment