Sunday 6 October 2013

tuition musings

Tuition today was slightly more mind-boggling than ever. My tuition sessions each week is usually quite a breeze since it's my second time gg through the entire P5 syllabus. But today, tutee's mum decided to get me to explain a math question. See, there's a reason why I'm only tutoring her English and Science. 

The math question was SO long. It was such a major turn-off just trying to finish reading it. *see stars* Plus the play of words and objects drove me nuts. Fortunately, tuition to me is a group effort and I SOS-ed my tuition helpers. Helper C woke up just in time 30min before my tuition ended and solved it all. YAY!

So not gg to teach primary school math ever- cnt use algebra!?!!. Now I really think algebra is one of the greatest invention ever. It's so useful. And my tutee is terrific. She was just one or two steps away from the answer. 
Impressive.


No comments:

Post a Comment