Friday 6 September 2013

Pie tasting @Windowsill in the Woods


It's nice to have a date on Friday night
where you can be excited and have something to look forward to after work.

Met up with my pweety friend finally after several missed opportunities
in the west and some others.
Got bored of dating in the tamp particularly n decided to venture further.
Googled a little the night before and actually realised that there r a lot of nice places in the east!

We finally settled on something concrete which is good
even if minor changes take place which it did.
Haha. But in any case, I still proud of myself for being able to find the place
(im seriously bad at navigating, like seriously. ha!)

Here, our date at Windowsill in the Woods @Jalan Besar
within walking distance from lavender MRT station


A word of caution though;
when they are known for nice pies- stick to it!
I originally thought tacos were the safest thing to eat ever, but I was proved wrong.
Haha. Food presentation looks good
But I will go against ordering the taco the next time.
My shrimp taco had a sour taste that takes you aback on the first bite.
I must say that it is a rather acquired taste which takes a bit of getting used to.

Gk's chicken heart and octopus taco is even more exotic.
I first thought it would be all minced up.
However, the chicken heart came in WHOLE.
And it taste a little overpowering.
The small pieces below the cake n taco is the pieces of chicken heart
=O


The pies however, were another story altogether.
Ordered a lemon strawberry and grasshopper (mint & chocolate mousse) to share.
Loving both.
Grasshopper has a thick texture which is rather smooth and not too sweet.
Lemon strawberry was a refreshing contrast to the thick chocolate.
But gk finds it a little too sour and sweet at the same time.

But I have to complement how the staff took effort and pride in explaining each pie 
and the ingredients in it.
Very personal and friendly!

Even the toilet door/signs looks cute.




Big bear available for photo-taking. Haha.



It's a really cutesy place and I might be back for some pies next time.

But to make up for the less than satisfactory tacos, we just had to find something else.
And ended up at swee choon!
Can't believe it's the girl's FIRST TIME! 
Is that even possible! =O
Haha. But waiting time was quite short (20min) as compared to other wkends that I went.

For 2 girls, we ate ALOT! 
(spending more than $30 bucks for dimsum)(!!)
It was so YUMZZ though!


The dimsum made the day so satisfying!
And I got a lift from my very nice friend home.
Convenience of an automobile.

:))


No comments:

Post a Comment