Thursday 18 April 2013

School's OUT!

Hello there, TERM BREAK!

It's one of those rare times where the words "Time's up. Pen's down" sound so melodious. After busy scribbling for the past 2 hours and trying to battle the aircon that was on full blast, we had just finished the LAST paper of the semester. Having said that, we've survived one semester! It's just surreal how I've only started university life 3 months ago, and here I am, having accomplished and conquered 3 modules and forged a lot more friendship that I never thought I would. This, is the magic of school life. How you thought you will never have any friends, and then at the end of it you just prove yourself wrong :)

To celebrate the end of exams, majority of my classmates decided to chill out a bit. And having your school situated near town area, it's just so convenient. Made our way to Jigger & Pony which was located at amoy street. My first time there!

Stepping into the place, we were greeted by friendly service crews who were ever so attentive. Further ascertained by the speed they refilled our chips throughout our time there. It was a cosy little place with nice music and dim orange light. There were about 9 of us, so being able to find seats was quite lucky. Probably, the fact that it was a Wed night.

We ordered a punch bowl- Satan's bowl to share. It was an alcoholic drink with a punch of citrus. Quite yummy. And we ordered many of its sides to share. Not a major fan of steak so didn't try the steak sandwich. But I did try the Baked Mustard Chicken which was SO GOOD, I couldn't resist taking more than just a few mouthful. It was really flavourful and it comes in friendly bite sizes. No un-glam-ness at all! The mushroom crepe I thought was slightly too light. I initially thought it would those creamy mushroom with the strong cream taste. But it turns out that it was a little dry with a stronger fungi taste.

But all was good. We had good laughs, good food, good fun. More fun times to come! :))