Monday 29 April 2013

work-school-life balance

I wasn't not born with a silver spoon, in fact, financially I'm am surely more independent than a lot people out there. But never have I ever felt that I was really short-changed in life. There are times where I struggled, times where I wished I was somewhere else, but at the end of the day, I still feel like I'm blessed in so many ways.

Today, in the office, I handed over the Music Store that I was in charge of to another department due to the re-operation. That was kind of bitter-sweet. It's like saying goodbye to the kid that I've looked after for almost 8 months ='(

In the second meeting I had in the afternoon, it was a supposedly handover to me to take on additional portfolio. But having gone through all the job scopes and daily tasks, my boss flatly said no because it would drown me out. Which boss would do that?

So, at the end of the day, I still acquire the same pay, with lesser tasks and a boss that understands my pain and accommodates my school schedule.

Life's good I would say :)