Thursday 29 August 2013

bibigo~


Sometimes a simple, random text/WA/call can spark off a whole adventure altogether. 

Previously when I was working full time, I would always make it a point to have lunch with the NC colleagues at NEX, as they have free shuttle bus there every Thursday and it was only a few MRT stops away from me. However, ever since school started, it seems like I'm always working half-days on Thursday and had to leave for class mid-day. Hence, since it was my holiday and I was working the entire day, I decided to give J a text. 

I guess when you make an effort for others, others will do the same for you.
Old friends still turned up to have lunch together, even though the rest of their colleagues didn't want to travel for lunch.

So, for an hour before lunch, I was busy googling and searching for a perfect lunch place for 5 of us. 
And it eventually ended up with 3 choices: bibigo, rotten tomatoes and cafe cartel as most of them provides lunch set meals.

Eventually we ended up at bibigo! since none of us has been there and I was dying to try it. And boy was I glad we chose it. Ordered the special set they had which consists of 1x Seaweed Chicken Stonepot Bibimbap & 1x Kimchi Stonepot Bibimbap which both comes with a beansprout soup and a refreshing drink. All for less than $30 bucks. So worth the money. 

Both of which tasted so good! It is not the most authentic Korean food I ever had, however it was rather localized and suits the Singaporean taste buds perfectly. Flavourful yet not overly salty. Egg was still flow-y, goo-ey and not overcooked. Seaweed complements perfectly. For a small tummy I have, I downed them all! We ordered the seafood pancake to share as well. It is GOOD! I would surely recommend that you order it too. Within minutes, it was gone. I would love to order another plate of those!

Definitely would go back again some other time! :)







BIBIGO @ NEX Shopping Mall
23 Serangoon Central unit #03-08
Singapore 556083
Other outlets are available at:
Raffles City Shopping Centre, Suntec City Mall, Marina Bay Financial Centre 3
http://english.bibigo.com/global/globalSG.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment